When it comes to social media marketing, you are going to run into a lot of people that claim they know what they are doing. You can see whether or not they are making an impact by simply looking at how many friends and followers they have. If they seem to have very little in the way of influence, you will see it a mile away. However, if they are doing things correctly, you will see that they have a robust number of friends, likes, followers and more. It’s with that in mind that you should take note of 10 advanced tips and tricks to highlight your marketing endeavors on social networks today.
10. Pick A Custom Name – The first thing that you should do is get your customized name done and over with. Most people just jump on board and start typing away. Don’t just sing up and go to town. Instead, carefully choose a name that will reflect your business relationship with these sites. It needs to be your calling card, and should be easy to remember. Do not be overly lengthy, and don’t mix up a lot of characters. You need to pick either your brand name or something as close to it as you can.
9. Be Careful Who You Trust – People are surprised by how many friends, and likes they get off the bat. This is not a bad thing, in essence, but if you look closely, you will find that there are a ton of spam accounts on the web right now. They will leach off your fans, and will even try to take over your account if you befriend them. To avoid this, make sure that you do not befriend anyone that you can’t verify is a real person, or a business. If they are following you, you can block them. Be vigilant about this.
8. Post Often – This may go without saying, but some companies set up their page and only post sporadically here and there. In the early goings of your page, make sure that you post often and monitor when you are getting the most reaction. If you find that you get a lot of visitors and comments around 3pm on weekdays, then keep that in mind for updates. Every business and page is different, so there is no “one” magical time. Test it, and keep note of any changes.
7. Do Not Spam – It’s very easy to spam. You take your link, whatever it is you’re promoting, and you just post it in social network updates. It’s simple, it’s easy, and it will get you banned fast. Do NOT just post updates that feature self-serving purposes. This is a death nail that you don’t want to have on your hands. Wait to promote your sites and items, focusing on content first, and building relationships with people online.
6. Do Post Images – Post images that are relevant to your industry, and find ways to link them to what you’re doing offline, or with your business on another page. Posting images is one of the most powerful ways that you can engage with your community. For affiliate marketers, this is one of the best tools you have at your disposal. If you can convey a positive message about your business through personalized solutions, you will gain major trust with anyone who sees your picture.
5. Engage The Audience – If you want to get people interested in whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll need to do more than just post and run. Take time to comment, talk to, and engage your audience, even when it is small. If you find yourself having trouble, just keep at it. Ask questions, and above all else be open to talking to anyone. It’s called social media for a reason, don’t just post and leave your page.
4. Post Your FULL URL – The address to your website should not just be embedded in a preview and deleted. For SEO purposes, put your full web address in the update box. You will get pulled into SERP faster than any other methodology.
3. Promote Your Pages – Promote your social networking pages wherever you can. Put the URL’s on your business card, add icons on your website, and try to become an ambassador for these pages. Let people know that it’s the best way to stay up to date, and do not forget to mention the pages whenever you are talking about your business.
2. Never Leave Your Site Empty – It happens a lot, companies set up their social media site and then just let it die. Some even have millions of likes, hundreds of thousands of friends, and a lot of comments. If you leave your page, you will not be able to harness the captive audience that can potentially be built on site.
1. Do Not Hang Out All Day – Don’t hang out on the sites all day. Have a way to turn things off and walk away. This allows you to avoid overly saturating the marketplace with your commentary, links and more. You don’t want to come across desperate, so set a time, work within those limits and walk away.
The above social media marketing tips are for advanced users. The name of the game here is discipline. You’ll want to utilize that when you approach the internet marketing world, or else you could end up getting labeled as a spammer.